Tuesday, 15 February 2011
Coven wars V2.1 is now open and live! V2.1 comes with these changes has indicated in the previous blog:
- Whoever wins the most rounds (out of 50) wins the war. But now if either coven gets to 26 wins, there is no way for the other coven to win. So If a coven gets to 26 wins in a round, they automatically win.
- Tiers were worked out on all members of a coven. But, because of under rank 5s and under 7 days old players not giving war exp, it's not balanced. So they are no longer included in the tier formula. If you go to the coven hall, click "see more info", it'll show the covens "war members", which show the amount of war exp yielding members in the coven, thats also the number of members used in the formula for the tiers as I've just explained.
- Whilst in a war, you shouldn't be able to kick people to drop your tier. Its an unfair loophole, so I'm afraid it has to be closed a little. If you're in a war, you get 3 kicks to use. If you REALLY need to kick someone, for whatever reason, you have 3 to use. It resets after each war. You're free to kick whoever you want whilst you're not in a war. People can still come and go as they please though.
- People have been asking an opt-out option for the wars. I've always been against this, and I still am. Although I'm going to make it less painful for you to be able to not worry about wars if you don't want to take part in them. If you DECLARE a war and LOSE, you still lose the 10% exp. If someone declares a war ON YOU, and you lose, you only lose 2% of your exp.
- White flags now have a 1% exp loss when used to surrender (2.5% before)
Any feedback, bugs etc to be posted on this thread.
The downtime this morning was successful, the server was down for around 40minutes, thank you all for your patience. Unfortunately, tomorrow (Feb 16th) at around 9pm (server time) the server the avatar images are hosting on is getting a software update too. Although this will not effect the game-play, it will just make all forum avatars, profile pictures etc seem broken because the connection would be taken down. This should only last around 5-10 minutes but they're giving an hour just in-case something goes wrong. Majority of people will not notice, but I thought I'd give you the heads up just in-case there's a panic because all the images will appear broken.
Posted by DarkAsh at 15:13:00
|Your reaction ?|
A warm welcome back to the Revisited series where I go back through game features that haven't been updated in a while, and give them ...
War Of Covens Restored There is a muddy line between trying to find a solution to please people who want something new, but at the same ...
Coven Brawls And Wars If you missed the update where the coven wars started up again, and the new system I created is now the coven braw...
Coven Conflict So far this month we've made some tweaks the Coven Wars and introduced Coven Brawls . Next, we're going to look a...
As announced last month, I have begun to spend some time revisiting the Coven Conflict system. The first system I am going to tackle i...
I have a spare 1200 Microsoft points card to use on a Xbox 360. Because I'm such a kind person I'm going to give it away to one of y...
Double coven exp ended I see this was a great success! A lot of death occurred as everyone scrambled for those precious kill. I will do t...
Forum Update The forum is one of the main community features, and checked many times a day buy a whole ton of people. I decided it was t...
Good afternoon vampires! I've spent my time today going through the suggestion forum and started implementing some features that you ...
It has been brought to my attention that we have once again lost another member of our community, and another staff member at that. Anti...