Saturday, 23 October 2010
The idea of a brand new coven war system was very well received a few months ago. It is a big jump from the simple *Click* of the old system. As good as we thought they were, a high majority didn't like the flaws in the system. Of course no system we implement can be completely fair or make everyone happy, but we want to get as many people happy with it as we possibly can.
I present the next (and hopefully better) version of the coven wars. V2.0.
There has been a discussion on the forum for a couple weeks now on suggestions on how to make the coven wars even better. So I've taken your ideas, worked on them, and made the fit into the game.
Here's how they now work...
- They now work on a round based system. Each war lasts 50 rounds, each round lasts one hour. (So these new wars in theory are 2 hours longer than the old)
- A kill to the enemy coven gives you +1 war exp (there are no bonuses, 1 kill = 1 war exp)
- The winner of each round is determined by your covens total war exp / active members in the enemy coven. (Active players are determined by players who have logged in at least once in the last 14 days). The same is done for the other coven, their total points/your active members (over rank 5). Whoever has the highest score wins that round! At the end of the 50 rounds, whoever has the most round wins, wins the war!
- The correct number of active members that are classed as "Active" in the wars is displayed on the top of the coven page.
- Another downside to the old system was people didn't want new player in their coven because they were a liability. Well, in order to take part in the wars you need to be rank 5+ and 7+ days old. That means that their kills won't give any war exp, and their deaths won't give any war exp to the enemy until the hit a week old and rank 5.
- The tier structure and exp taxes remain the same as follows:
Tier Diff: EXP:
0 diff = 100% of the exp
1 diff = 75% of the exp
2 diff = 50% of the exp
3 diff = 40% of the exp
4 diff = 30% of the exp
5 diff = 20% of the exp
6 diff = 10% of the exp
>7 diff = 1% of the exp
# COVEN TIER STAGES
Tier 1: 1-10 members
Tier 2: 11-25 members
Tier 3: 26-50 members
Tier 4: 51-75 members
Tier 5: 76-100 members
Tier 6: 101-150 members
Tier 7: 151-250 members
Tier 8: 251-500members
Tier 9: 501-750 members
Tier 10: 751-1000 members
Tier 11: 1001-1500 members
Tier 12: 1501-2500 members
Tier 13: 2500+ members
- Your coven still needs to be a week old in order to start warring. Tier 1 covens can still only attack other tier 1 covens
- The red war box now just shows winner of the last 1 hour round & how many rounds are left
- Everyone's total collected War Exp, coven war stats have been reset, and will be reset again after beta (for obvious reasons)
- The coven war leaders page now shows the total win rounds after a war instead of total collected war exp. The layout of this page will be updated after Beta
Everyone has been given a war (whether they've used theirs this week or not) to go and start a war and start testing out this new system.
I will be keeping a close eye on it and I'll let it run for a couple weeks and address any changes then. Make sure you report any bugs and give your feedback on this forum thread. Post any questions you have on this thread too. If you ask questions in the comment section they probably won't get seen & answered.
Thanks & enjoy!
Posted by DarkAsh at 02:01:00
Double coven exp ended I see this was a great success! A lot of death occurred as everyone scrambled for those precious kill. I will do t...
Had a talk with my new accountant and seems that I have to start charging sales tax for all vip/plasma packs. Which is a huge pain in the as...
I need a name for a personal online business for myself... talked to a few people... can't really get any good ideas for names I've ...
Good afternoon vampires! I've spent my time today going through the suggestion forum and started implementing some features that you ...
The weapon system needs to change... but of course i want your feedback before i do anything drastic and annoy everyone, of course. http://...
Forum Update The forum is one of the main community features, and checked many times a day buy a whole ton of people. I decided it was t...
Good evening. I've had a lot of people say to me (during the problems last couple days)... "Just put the old server back, it was w...
Been working on quite a few things the last week. Some new exciting features and some changes that some may not be too happy about, but ne...
First things first, last night (as some of you have noticed) we (the UK) changed back to GMT from BST. So you don't need to post that ...
New Homepage Layout It's been a while, so I thought I'd update the homepage a little bit. I know everyone hates ...